How were the best attractions in the world ranked?
In Stasher’s report, it ranks 99 global tourist attractions using a wide range of metrics. These included noting user experience via their Google reviews. It also took into account the quality of accommodation, its safety, proximity to international airports and the popularity of the attraction on TikTok. All these were taken into account to generate a cumulative score out of 10.
Looking at the top attractions, some were surprising, while others are to be expected from travelers’ views. The following are the top five best attractions in the world:
1. Parliament Building, Budapest, HungaryImages of Budapest always offer a remarkable view over the city, split as it is by the river. This beautiful cityscape is one reason the attraction was rated number one in the study. With its intricate dome and ornate towers, the building nestles on the banks of the River Danube. It has become an icon of Budapest and is renowned throughout the world.
The Parliament Building was built between 1885 and 1902 and includes Baroque, Gothic and Renaissance styles. The building can be explored on 45-minute guided tours.
2. Disneyland Paris, FranceRather more surprisingly a best global attraction, Disneyland Paris is among the top in Europe and comes up second in the new report. Located just 25 miles to the east of Paris, Disneyland features two parks, Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios. Each offers plenty of fun for families and is open year-round, much like their counterparts in the US.
Moreover, Disneyland Paris scores well on safety and ease of access and is one of the best attractions that will likely never go out of style.
3. Blue Lagoon, IcelandHeading to Iceland, this fascinating and beautiful country offers steamy and healing waters at the Blue Lagoon. In recent years, this attraction has become a major hit with visitors. Meanwhile, besides the warming waters themselves, the Blue Lagoon is nestled in an area with boutique hotels and luxurious spa retreats, offering the best of pampering. However, before heading to the attraction always check that it is open and available, as it was recently closed for a while due to an increase in volcanic activity.
4. Plaza de España, Sevilla, SpainThe historic and iconic city of Sevilla in Spain is a major attraction in and of itself. However, the Plaza de España truly stands out as one of the top attractions in the world.
Well regarded as one of the top international destinations, it’s perhaps no surprise that the Spanish city of Sevilla is home to one of the world’s top attractions. The sprawling square features stunning pavilion buildings and ornate towers. It also bears a small moat where visitors can hire a boat. Moreover, a series of 48 mosaics to be seen there, represent 48 of the country’s provinces.
5. Angkor Wat, CambodiaMany travelers visit Cambodia to experience the incredible Angkor Wat temple complex, which is so important it even features on the country’s flag. This iconic and ancient city was built by the Angkor civilization and has even been used as a film set for Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, giving it extra exposure.
Meanwhile, the temple complex is located close to the city of Siem Reap, a city that should be on every traveler’s bucket list.
Worst attractions in the world according to the studyNumber one on the list of worst attractions in the world is taken by the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles, USA. In Stasher’s ranking, it achieved just 3.42 of 10 and did the same in a similar ranking back in 2019.
Next in line at number 2 is the Grand Bazaar shopping mall in Istanbul, Turkey, maybe surprisingly followed by the Taj Mahal in India.
Readers, have you visited any of the best and worst attractions listed here? What is your reaction to the ranking? Let us know by dropping a comment below.