1. Mu Koh Similan National ParkThis archipelago of 11 islands features lush green rainforest, white-sand beaches and crystal-clear waters. Located 52 miles from the city of Phuket, these islands in the Andaman Sea are ideal for nature lovers. Meanwhile, the Similan Islands were designated a protected national park in 1982 and are home to virgin rainforests of gum and ironwood trees and bamboo. Here, visitors will find monkeys, squirrels, dusky langurs and several bird species. The park is only open between October and May each year.
How to get there: Take a 3-hour boat ride from Thap Lamu Pier.
2. Khao Phra Thaeo National Park, Phuket IslandUp in the north of Phuket Island, Khao Phra Thaeo National Park is perfect for a day trip, trekking through lush green rainforest. One of the best treks is a 5-mile trek from the stunning Ton Sai Waterfall to Bang Pae. While you have to be patient, you are likely to spot gibbons, deer and other wildlife in the park. Meanwhile, Khao Phra Thaeo is renowned for its Gibbon Rehabilitation Center.
How to get there: The national park is around 12 miles from Phuket City on Route 402.
3. Khao Sok National ParkKnown as one of the best national parks in Phuket, this marine national park features an ancient evergreen rainforest, spreading over 460 square miles. Meanwhile, this beautiful, tropical landscape features beautiful, crystal-clear bays and beautiful beaches. Moreover, this is one of the most accessible parks from locations like Phuket, Krabi, Koh Samui and Khai Lake.
How to get there: The nearest town is around 80 miles from Phuket City. It is possible to take a bus from Surat Thani, which takes around 3 hours to reach the park.
4. Sirinat National Park, Phuket Island
Sirinat is a small coastal park with a beach forest of pine trees. The park is located on the northwest coast of the island and is perfect for spending time on idyllic, sandy beaches. The park is 19 miles from Phuket City and offers a beautiful blend of nature. Besides the pine forest, there is a mangrove forest, as well as coral reefs offshore to visit the marine life.
How to get there: Use local transport to reach Thalang District, around 19 miles from the city.
5. Khao Lak – Lam Ru National ParkThis tropical evergreen mountain forest lies on the coast and is a tropical paradise for nature lovers. Meanwhile, the park is 50 miles north of central Phuket and is home to pretty beaches and lush green forest, as well as the Ton Chong Fa Waterfall. Visitors will find several hiking trails, where they can spot the Malayan weasel, the Sunda flying lemur, Sumatran Serow and more.
How to get here: Local transport from Phuket City.
Experience the beautiful national parks of Phuket, Thailand this year, spending time in nature and truly relaxing.