1. Affordable flights to Santo Domingo, Dominican RepublicRight at this moment, the cheapest destination to visit from the US is Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic. Meanwhile, the Caribbean nation has been breaking tourism records this year. This is partly due to the high number of flights from the US, but now with an average, affordable round-trip flight cost of $367, it is likely to get even busier.
Santo Domingo is the capital of the Dominican Republic and features many beach resorts in Punta Cana and La Romana. However, besides being an entry point, the city is well worth a visit for its culture and history.
2. Cheap travel to Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican RepublicSecond in line is another city in the Dominican Republic and a round-trip flight to Santiago de los Caballeros costs only $397. Meanwhile, Santiago is closer to the popular Caribbean beach location of Puerto Plata. However, while Puerto Plata has its own airport, direct flights tend to be more expensive from the US. By choosing to fly into Santiago, travelers can save money, while Puerto Plata is only a one-hour drive away. Moreover, the Dominican Republic is known generally as one of the cheapest locations in the Caribbean when it comes to accommodations, food and fun, making it an affordable tropic getaway.
3. Affordable vacation in Cancun, MexicoThis one may be surprising to travelers, as Cancun is among the most popular destinations for US travelers. However, it also offers some of the most affordable flights from America at $421. Meanwhile, it is also the most accessible, with more than 40 cities offering direct flights in the US. Naturally, Cancun is renowned for its idyllic beaches, many resorts and hotels and a party atmosphere. However, it is also popular for visiting the ancient Mayan ruins in the area.
4. Cheap flights to San José, Costa RicaCosta Rica is also one of the most popular Central American destinations, with its amazing biodiversity. The country offers the best in ecotourism and green travel, as well as gorgeous beaches, volcanoes and more. Here, travelers can enjoy activities such as ziplining, surfing, hiking and wildlife spotting. Moreover, the country is also one of the safest to visit in Latin America. Currently, it is also one of the cheapest destinations to visit with a round-trip flight to and from San José costing $452.
5. Affordable Los Cabos, MexicoBack to Mexico, next in line is Los Cabos offers the fifth cheapest fall flights at $486 for a round trip. Meanwhile, US travelers flying from the West Coast will normally find affordable flights, as it is located on the Baja Peninsula of Mexico. Right now, with so many flights between the US and Los Cabos, the destination is experiencing all-time tourism records. As for the destination, people love Los Cabos for its accessibility to wellness and spa activities. While the city doesn’t offer the same high-energy vibe as Cancun, it has so much to offer American travelers right now.
Enjoy an affordable Caribbean break during the fall of 2023 with these cheapest flights.