Best beaches in Ibiza
Nestling in the Mediterranean, Ibiza’s coastline has many idyllic beaches, ranging from busy resort locations to peaceful and unspoiled areas. For those seeking peace and quiet, Aguas Blancas is one of the best of the latter. The beach offers a long stretch of clean, golden sand, lapped by crystal-clear waters and backed by rocky cliffs. While the beach has no amenities, visitors should ask their hotel to pack a luxury picnic basket and wine cooler and take it along for a day in the sun.Meanwhile, Cala Boix is famous for its picturesque scenery and is reached by driving through a pine forest. As you get to the beach, a beautiful scene opens up in front of you. Benirrás is another great choice with its crystal-clear water and clean sand, surrounded by stunning scenery.
If looking for a livelier beach experience, the island’s popular resorts line its coast with sandy beaches and offer all the amenities, including restaurants, beach bars, and more.
Luxurious island accommodations
While Ibiza offers a range of luxury hotels in Ibiza City, the island also features hotels and other accommodation options in the rural areas and quaint villages. Here in the Balearic Islands, it is easy to find an excellent hotel, bed & breakfast and luxurious villa rentals.
According to Booking.com, these are the top three hotels to choose from, all rated “Superb” by previous guests.
-Siau Ibiza Hotel, Puerto de San Miguel
Siau Ibiza Hotel (pictured above) faces the beachfront in Puerto de San Miguel and offers an outdoor pool, fitness center and garden. Its restaurant serves American and Chinese cuisine, while the bar offers the best cocktails. Select rooms offer a private patio or beautiful sea views.
– Ca Na Xica – Hotel & Spa, Sant Miquel de BalansatThis former country estate has been converted into a luxury hotel and Ca Na Xica offers stunning views and a large swimming pool. The hotel’s stylish suites offer balconies or private terraces overlooking the views. Moreover, the grounds offer a tree-lined terrace with sun loungers. Meanwhile, the hotel’s spa offers massages on request, free of charge for guests.
– Mirador de Dalt Vila-Relais & Chateaux, Ibiza TownThis next property is in Ibiza Town but nestles in a privileged hilltop position overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. Each of the elegant, air-conditioned rooms features a whirlpool bath, as well as Bulgari products and a bathrobe. The hotel features an outdoor pool and hot tub for guests, while breakfast is served each day until 12:00 noon.
Fine dining in Ibiza
The Balearic Island of Ibiza offers a wide range of dining experiences including local cuisine, Spanish dishes and a wide range of international cuisines to choose from. Among the top 10 fine dining restaurants according to TripAdvisor, these three restaurants are Michelin-starred and popular with diners:
– La Gaia by Óscar Molina, Ibiza TownLocated in the Ibiza Gran Hotel, the restaurant serves typical Mediterranean cuisine, including vegetarian-friendly and free gluten options. According to the website, Óscar Molina is considered one of the best chefs in Spain with two Suns, the prestigious VI National Gastronomy Award (FACYRE) in 2004 and the Ibiza – Formentera Gastronomic Award for Best Chef of the Year 2018.
– Etxeko Ibiza, Santa Eulalia del RíoAccording to the Michelin Guide, “Savor the exquisite gastronomic cuisine of Martín Berasategui on the ‘Isla Blanca’, as Ibiza is affectionately known to locals.” Dishes include typical Mediterranean cuisine as well as traditional Spanish dishes.
– Es Tragón, Sant Antoni de PortmanyThis Michelin-starred restaurant serves delicious Mediterranean, European and Spanish cuisine. Also on the menu at Es Tragón are fusion dining, vegetarian-friendly and gluten-free options.
Enjoy a relaxing and luxurious vacation on the Spanish Balearic Island of Ibiza either in the busy hot summer or during the quiet winter months.